Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 February 2015

What I've been doing this week... 3

Hiya there!
How was your week? Ours was good; half-term meant me and the hugglemosters had time to enjoy some walks, a visit to McDonalds, and on rainy days (like yesterday) time to play board games, bake and watch TV together. For me, the absence of the crazy morning rush was lovely.

Back to us...

Last week, I put up a picture of my new TV-remote-control holder (Mrs.Owl) and some of  you asked me for the details, so I am including them here.

I don't know about you, but in my house, one of the two remote controls tends to go missing pretty regularly.. or maybe, now I should say 'tended' 😜

More often than not the culprit was my five-year-old, who labouring under the delusion that he is the king of the remote, carried it with him everywhere around the house.. and I mean everywhere.

Taking it with him meant inevitably, that he'd leave it in different places. Cue desperate hunting as soon as its absence was felt. Said hunting could take up to an hour, as we literally turned the house upside down. I have even been known to go through the kitchen bin, out of pure desperation.. I know, YUCK!! seriously yuck, but it has to be somewhere, right?

Some weeks ago, anyone looking into our house at around 8.30pm would have seen this kind of activity going on every single night. For a week. Every single night.

Enough was enough... something needed to be done.

A quick Pinterest search yielded pattern and instructions for Mrs.Owl (all for free, thanks to Jessie Gray of dimplicity.com)

http://www.dimplicity.com/2013/07/owl-remote-control-caddy-tutorial-pattern.html

The instructions and pattern are all included in the link, but if you find any problems please let me know and I will attach a scanned copy.


As you can see from the picture, the finished product is pretty, but more importantly, it works!

No more lost remotes. Hallelujah! Mrs. Owl gathers them all in her pockets everyday.
How about you? do you also have remotes that go AWOL? Do you have any storage solutions that work for you?

Before I go, I want to share with you the recipe for some lovely yogurt brownies that we made yesterday.. The recipe came from a dear friend and fellow blogger Lorraine Hussain.

Lorraine's Yogurt Brownies
     1 cup self-raising flour
     150gr chopped chocolate
     1 cup sugar
     1 tspn vanilla
     1/2 cup cocoa powder
     1 1/3 cup yogurt
     1/2 cup white chocolate chips
     1/2 cup chopped almonds
     1/4 cup chopped nuts/marshmallows/choc chips (to decorate the top)

Melt the chocolate using the bain marie method. Whisk in the dry ingredients, except the flour. Fold the wet mix into the flour. Add the white chocolate chips, and the chopped almonds.
Spread the mixture in an 8x10" floured, greased dish.
Sprinkle 1//4 cup chopped nuts/marshmallows/ white chocolate chips on top and bake in a moderate oven, until firm.


One word. Divine..sticky, but divine. Seriously, this is the kind of stuff you need after a hard day at work, and coming home to find three bills on your doormat..comfort stuff!!!

See you all next week! Please do write in with pictures of your creations (including edible ones). I will be more than happy to feature them.

No comments:

Post a Comment