Powered By Blogger

Friday 6 February 2015

What I've been doing this week 1

Friday morning it is! Tgif anyone?

Personally I appreciate knowing that for the next two days I won't have to deal with the daily scramble to get two very reluctant children into their coats and scarves while rushing to get them to school in time. Even if after the weekend it starts all over again

So... Time to give you lovely people a bit of a heads-up on what's happening with Oh SEW Lovely..

First of all, apologies for having disappeared off the blogging radar for two entire months..
Christmastime is always a very busy time, and since I moved recently, most of my custom orders were for overseas, which meant tighter deadlines. The last of those orders was completed practically one week before Christmas, when I had to start catching up with my own Christmas prep. Our first Christmas in the UK was lovely; we all duly stuffed ourselves with food and opened presents; my daughter complained bitterly about the lack of a white Christmas, though I must say we've had some lovely snow this past week.



January brought its dreaded bout of flu with fever and sniffles and cough medicine..which everyone in this family hates. Are we the only ones who think it tastes disgusting, I wonder?

BUT ...and this is the exciting part...during January I also began working on giving this blog a makeover. Yep, during the last month, I've been doing a lot of behind-the-scenes work, if you like. I'm a great believer in self-improvement, and I was lucky enough to find a very user-friendly blogging mini - course, run by consultant Stacy Rust of stacyrust.com who must be one of the most approachable persons I've ever met. Thank you so much Stacy for all the inspiring tips and knowledge you passed onto me for free. The improvements you will be seeing in this blog (which I hope you will like) are down to having followed her blogging course.
In case you are interested in learning more about having your own blog, head over to Stacy's page, stacyrust.com, and check out her blogging resources.

So.. As you may have noticed last Tuesday...erm, Wednesday.. my post was a DIY session.. I love finding these kind of posts on other blogs, as very often when I see something I like, I'll be itching to make one like it myself.. So I hope you will enjoy them. DIY sessions come complete with any patterns needed, so that you can actually make the item in question yourselves.

A few more new things will be coming up...a Book Review post once a month, where I review a craft-related book.. I don't know about you, but I buy LOADS of craft books online, and it is sometimes a bit of a hit and miss thing for me. Having someone review my book choices and give me an idea of what a book is all about would help.

I am currently scanning the internet for easy, doable crafts for Mothering Sunday, which I hope to share with you as the day comes closer...

I sincerely hope you will like the 'new-look' blog. Please do get back to me and tell me what you think. The most awesome blog is nothing without your following and feedback..

This blog is mainly about crafting..but while I am a super-avid crafter (just ask my husband) I am also a mum of two young children, with a fondness for baking. So, expect to find a recipe posted here and there. After all, what could be better than crafting with a delicious slice of cake to hand?

This week I decided to try cookies;a different type of cookie from the ones I usually bake. A quick rummage through my baking books yielded the following Apple Cookies recipe..and as a bonus, it used up some older apples that I had sitting in my fruit bowl.

Apple Cookies



You'll need:- 225gr sugar, 110gr butter, 1/2tsp vanilla extract, 1 apple, finely chopped, 225gr plain flour, 1/2tsp salt, 1tsp baking powder, 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda.

Method:- Heat the oven to 180°C. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Beat  the sugar, butter and vanilla in a mixing bowl until light and creamy. Stir in the apple. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix well. Roll the mixture into small balls and place well apart on the baking trays.  Bake  for 8-10 minutes until golden. Cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.



If you can resist biting into them while they are still warm, you are better than me!! Fragrant, warm, delicious....yummmmm!
So i will leave you to it then. Happy baking!

One last word...
As you may know, Oh SEW Lovely is not merely the name of this blog. It is also the name of my online store which is currently hosted on The Crafter's Barn. Some changes are coming up there as well soon, so watch this space for more news. You will hear about it here first.

See you next Tuesday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment