Powered By Blogger

Friday 27 February 2015


Last post for this month.. And our first full month of posting in our revamped version.. How do you like the new "look" we've given to the blog, the make-it-yourself sessions, and the book review?  What do you think of the little-bit-of-everything posts which hit your inbox every Friday?

This will be the last Friday post for this month, and in it I will be putting together some of stuff that inspired me during this past month. I hope you will enjoy, and that you might find some inspiration here yourselves.


I came across this as I was working on one of the earlier posts this month.. I believe that we all can achieve, if we work at what we really want. However, encouragement and reminders are always welcome.
Here are some which I found this past month.


I don't know about you, but my tablet and mobile phone's memory have a definite chunk taken up by these messages, which I am saving all the time.


My obsession with birds...honestly, even I cannot find a better word to describe it...means that I have been trawling the internet for images, tutorials, pictures and patterns of birds. As I said last week, since coming to live here, my experience of so many different species of birds...and not just birds...has thoroughly expanded.
I have found a wonderful blog, DownEast Thunder Farm (www.downeastthunderfarm.com) hosted by a lovely lady called Susan, which has amazing bird patterns.  The patterns are very detailed, complete with markings and colourings and above all are free for personal use...
This lovely lady has dozens of bird patterns, including the wren, peacock, several types of owls, pheasant, rooster, kingfisher, crow, magpie, to name a few. She is based in Maine, so yes, there are some birds which are found in the US rather than the UK. And conversely, some birds which are pretty common here, like chaffinches, blackbirds and bullfinches have not yet made it to her list....something which I hope to work on too.
They can look really spectacular when worked in the correct colours..

At the moment I have two or three different things going on that are related to this bird-obsession of mine..well, I'm teaching my children about birds in this way, helping them identify the different birds which come down in our garden, so it's all good.


                                             



















Obviously my Maltese heritage is a big source of inspiration to me. Now you've all heard of "sunny Malta"... these are some pics I got off the internet of Malta looking not quite so sunny during the past month..

We've come to the end of February already... I'm more than glad to welcome March and have some warmer weather roll in.. I know, maybe by UK standards it is normal at this time of the year, but to someone coming from an island where the temperature hardly ever drops below 10°C, this feels, like....aaargh! real cold.


One of the things I love about living here is the wood floors...no, I don't like that they creak so much. Maltese houses have tiled floors, mostly..and with the high levels of humidity, there is no way I'd be sitting on the floor like this on a winter's day..
I love that I can do it here.

Have you been inspired?? Write in and let me know... The aim of this blog is to share inspiration and ideas and tips. Me sharing with you, and you sharing with the rest of us....So please get commenting, people!
See y'all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment