Powered By Blogger

Friday 13 February 2015

What I've been doing this week 2


So...here we are back to Friday again... And my post drops into your online consciousness once more...
What has your week been like? Mine has been rather poorly...having a child sick with a seemingly persistent and recurring bug does have that effect, doesn't it??

Anyways...time to show you what I've been doing. I've quite a bit to show you, as I kept myself busy. A whole week stuck indoors, I need to find stuff to do, or I'll go stir crazy..


This is a project I've been meaning to do for some time now....all in the name of getting organised. I don't know about you, but I have this huge corkboard in the kitchen that I pin all those school letters and appointment cards to. And when you have lots of things stuck to a board, it is easy for papers to overlap and get overlooked.
So, I wanted something I could stick right up above my desk, something I could use to keep each day's stuff together in a neat(er) way.
I saw a similar concept in a shop..a corkboard subdivided into sections, but the frame did not match my colour scheme. Also, to be honest, I wasn't quite so sold on the idea of yet another corkboard. Then I saw a picture in a magazine. And I took it from there, I guess... All I needed was a box frame I'd bought on sale, and a couple of tester pots of paint..
I'll put it all up, step-by-step with photos in next week's blog.

What else?

This is something I did with the leftover paint....what can I say? It was for the same room...and I wouldn't waste leftover paint, anyway.
I had this wonky reading lamp, always listing to one side..the problem was that the bolt linking the base to the stem was too short. After several unsuccessful attempts to fix it, I finally hit on the idea of using an upended flowerpot to stabilise it. Some superglue and it was steady. Success!!!

Of course I wouldn't be happy with a plain terracotta pot,would I ?? (seriously!! what would you expect ??)
So, with the leftover paint in my tester pots, I painted it. To make the design, I traced around the template of a heart lightly, with chalk and then filled it in with white paint...


 
    I'm really happy with how both projects turned out.

That's all for today..I know some people expressed an interest in the TV-remote holder (Mrs. Owl) from when I put it up on Facebook. I promise to give you the full details soon.
What did you think of last Tuesday's book review? Did you find it informative ? Would you like it to be a regular feature of this blog ?

One last thing. I am currently working on some new projects and I would appreciate some feedback. These are hedgehogs, for small type accessories like key fobs and bag charms.



So, would you choose A or B ??


And again..A or B ??

Thanks in advance.. And, if you've been bitten by the crafty bug, do get back to me and post here..

See you on Tuesday. Ta. xx





No comments:

Post a Comment