Powered By Blogger

Monday 27 October 2014

new work...

Feeling super-excited to show you my new stuff.. I'm not sure what to call it exactly, but I sure like it...and I hope you do too.
 

Cross stitch is something I have discovered over the past three months. To be honest, I never imagined I had it in me to patiently cross-stitch designs.. But I gave it a whirl with very small designs, and I got hooked, I guess...
This snowflake design, follows the clean symmetrical forms of Scandi decor... Scandi design and decor is another of my big, favourite things at the moment.. For Christmas, our first here in the Uk, I shall be decorating our living room with sprigs of dark green foliage from the garden, and dotting red and white tea light candle holders around the room for random splashes of colour.
I can already see it....!

 I first came across this combination of sewing and embroidery hoops in a magazine... And it was love at first sight...
The winter landscape looks lovely, just my opinion of course, but I love how the stitches create the meandering lines of the horizon.
I am also a very big fan of graphic printing, so of course the Noel hoop was inevitable...

No comments:

Post a Comment