Powered By Blogger

Thursday 9 October 2014

busy times

A lot has been going on lately...my daughter's birthday last weekend, a bunch of new decorations I've been working on, the change in weather we've had in the past few days  ... I know, it's October and yes we were expecting it, but somehow, when he mercury drops, I'm always the person scampering to pull out coats and jackets.
So, first things first....my daughter's 9th birthday.. It seems like only yesterday she was a little baby, then a toddler weaving her way unsteadily around the little furniture we had at the time, and now she's growing steadily into a young lady.


This is her birthday cake, which disappeared in a couple of days... I'm no cake decorating guru although I do enjoy baking. But making my kids' birthday cakes is something I look forward to.. The cake's theme is usually decided and requested by them, so each cake marks a milestone almost as much as the date itself.

Next up, the new stuff I've been making...I'm quite chuffed with them



These decorations pickup the traditional colours o.f Christmas...red, green and a hint of gold.



No comments:

Post a Comment