Powered By Blogger

Saturday 1 November 2014

Halloween for Beginners...

This was officially my first Halloween.. As a child, Halloween was not the big thing it is today. I never went trick or treating myself, and while Malta is no stranger to trick or treating or to Halloween parties, I never really felt the need to celebrate Halloween myself.
Here, there is a big thing for it...much bigger than I ever imagined or anticipated.. So, we threw ourselves into it ...with gusto, I must add.

Halloween for Beginners, in Nine Easy Steps



Step one... Buy the pumpkins..

Step two.....seeing that the children are on half term book them into Halloween themed craft session.

      Icing cookies, decorating a bag, making bat-planes ...they were just some of the lovely activities at this brilliant session held at Bracknell
 






Step three....prepare your decorations. Carve your pumpkins, hang up your spiders.


Step four .. FIREWORKS!!!! WooHoo!! Almost feels like home!!!
 






 Really !!! Nothing quite beats the magic of fireworks..


Step five..   Prepare "Spooky Tea"
 

Step six.. Set spooky atmosphere.

 Spooky yet welcoming, inviting knocks on your door.
                                                                                   Perfect!!!

Step seven ...get two, highly excitable kids into their costumes.
  ahoy there!! Me hearties!!

Step eight...out to trick or-treat...

Step nine... Two tired kids come home to examine their haul...
Mr. jack is emptied and put aside for next year...



And just as an antidote to all the negative talk about Halloween and the devil and all that... I found this prayer after we carved our pumpkins, but I will be keeping it to say with my kids in future Halloweens


No comments:

Post a Comment