Powered By Blogger

Monday 8 September 2014

Something About Me ..and about this Blog...

These kind of introductory posts always tend to be a wee bit awkward.. I mean, when you are posting about something that you've made or even about  this fab new idea that you've seen, it's easy... you're all fired up, and full of enthusiasm about whatever it is.. 
When you come to talking about yourself it is slightly more difficult? Is it okay if I say that I have always loved making stuff ? Is it TMI if I talk about my family ? Will I be bragging if I post some of my customers' comments on here?? You know.... or well, maybe you don't.  ;)

I am based in the UK, but originally I am from Malta ...we have moved here because of my husband's work..We've been here for about six weeks and we are now beginning to settle down a little more, get a feel of the place. The kiddies started school last week and things seem to be falling into place there too. For the past month or so, I've been busy setting up the house and making adjustments.. In between hanging up curtains, and planting up my fledgling kitchen garden (my first ever garden...go figure!) I have also found the time to start doing some sewing (yippee!!) .. my world is coming together!

I have been interested in making things ever since I was little, something which has carried over into adulthood.. I have distinct and fond memories of making model houses out of cardboard boxes, using matchboxes for furniture. I still remember the heady buzz it gave me to set out the "furniture" just so... it is a familiar feeling, only now, I'm not so much into making matchbox furniture...
Funny thing is that I never imagined sewing would be such a passion, or even the extent of that passion..or maybe, I should say obsession. I'm sure my husband would agree with the obsession bit.

And now, I hope to share this obsession with you. See you next time, folks.
Marija xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment