Powered By Blogger

Saturday 13 September 2014

A little experiment

A day out in the beautiful town of Windsor.... Apart from the truly magnificent and sprawling castle which truly dominates the town, we had great fun feeding the swans at the riverside... Next time I go, I'm scheduling a boat trip on the river....

While in Windsor, I chanced upon a bargain bookstore...
 Now, you must know something about me...I have a very, very big thing for books.. My idea of heaven involves books..on a grand scale. When I have a few hours to spare, I love nothing better than browsing my way slowly round a bookstore, savouring the feel of books in my hand, reading the blurbs and trying to decide which books I can actually leave without...

This place was amazing.. I honestly cannot remember the name at the moment, but I was like wow!! Four kiddie books for only five quid!!!  Truly wow!!
While I was oooh-ing and aaah-ing over the amazing bargains, and trying to prevent my younger from escaping....an art he seems to have really mastered lately....my ever-patient other half found me a book called "Crafty Creatures" by Jane Bull.

The minute I got home, I sat down with a cup of tea and this book... Thank you hubby.. I love it..
This is something it inspired me to try.. I copied the ladybird pattern from one in the book, then turned the finished piece into a brooch. I covered a large-ish button with the aida fabric, then drew it tight at the back of the button.. Once I'd secured it, I added a small safety pin to the back...


I think it is pretty cool... Next thing, I'll be making earrings or a pendant...so, watch this space. 




Some Windsor snaps... And today for dessert I'm making Eton mess...I've been inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment