Powered By Blogger

Friday 20 March 2015

20/03/15

Heya...I hope you're not all too busy watching the solar eclipse to realise that today is Friday (yay!!) and therefore my post full of interesting stuff, is out (double yay!!)

Anyway, I hope all you moms out there had a great Mother's Day. Mine was quite nice and relaxing. It began with breakfast in bed, complete with roses and pressies.
I did a good spot of reading too,  something I really enjoy.. There is something magical about immersing yourself in a book, another world that for a while becomes as real as the sofa you're sitting on...or the cuppa in your hand.


I was sorely tempted to get this for myself. I don't know if this just happens in my family, but my children seem to think that mummy sitting reading a book = mummy may be disturbed all the freaking time.



I thought I'd share the cute handmade things my kids made for me. They are easy to make, pretty and easily adaptable for any occasion.



This coaster is simply cut out of cardboard with pinking shears, with some wool wound around the resulting notches.
The hand-print can also be easily adapted to any other occasion...Father's Day, birthdays, Christmas.

..  You may ..or may not ..have noticed my absence this time last week. I do apologise for my no-show, but you will agree it was a valid reason if you hop over the other page on this blog and take a peek at what I'm putting up.

So, here's the big, big news.... My online shop is up and running.. It sits on this blog, and you'll find the link in the footer of each post, going forward. You have to scroll all the way down to the end of the post, below the comments box. Speaking of which, please do leave comments in my comments box, people.. I promise to respond to every one.
You are welcome to pop over and have a look at what I've put up so far. There's more to come, much more stuff I want to upload. It is a work in progress, no doubt..

Follow this link to get a look. I do not mean for this blog to be an extension of the shop. However, I will be showcasing my new items here. After all, where can I do that if not on my own blog?
But I do promise that I will still be sharing tutorials and things I made just because, for my own home, or just because the project caught my fancy. Keep checking the shop regularly as I am always adding new stuff.
http://ohsewlovelybymarija.blogspot.co.uk/p/shop.html

 This hanging heart decoration is something I made for my home. I love hanging decorations from door handles. They look pretty, and door handles are at a convenient level....no stretching to reach some high-up hook, or risking tumbling off a ladder..


I did say that I'd  been really busy on the laptop lately.. I did some ordering for supplies.  I don't know about you, but I love buying online. It may sound silly but when the packages arrive, it feels almost like a present to myself, more than hitting the shops. Maybe it is the packaging, and the whole business of ripping it open to discover what's inside... I am not sure but I am definitely an online retail therapy person.


Well, the packages began arriving on Monday..and I'm so excited and chuffed, thinking of how I'm going to use all of this stuff.

Before I go, here's a little sneak peek of the stuff I'm working on at the moment.. Pictures of the finished product to come soon.


As Easter is almost here, next week will include lots of themed craft ideas, which you can do with your children over the Easter break, or even use to decorate your home.
Here are a few pictures to get your creative juices flowing. I found these while browsing online for something to do with my munchkins.
Do you have an Easter craft that you'd like to share with the rest of the people who read this blog? Please drop a line in the comments box.. I will get back to every one of you.

See you next week.

Image result for easter crafts            Image result for easter crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment